Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Those Bastards!



[Content Disclosure: 0% Poker, 31% Rant, 47% Commentary on the State of Life with no mention of
Barack or Hillary]

Sure there are problems in the world. There are room fresheners sold to odor fearful householders that use electricity to spew chemicals into your home to mask the smells of life and probably (2012 data prediction) give you spinal cancer, if you use them and eat turkey bacon with a soy binder agent. But that is not my issue today. Neigh, the evil forces of capitalism and consumerism have gone too far, too far I say.

I didn't mind that in my cannabis days, when we would take long weekends to Palm Springs, there was an all-night delivery place called: Midnight Munchies. They had pizza and all sorts of treats but they also had a specialty menu with, among other items: peanut butter on toasted english muffins! cold Reese's pieces and cold M&Ms. In fact, all of their candy has kept in the frig. And, of course, they had every flavor of Ben & Jerry's, some of you may see where I am going here.

Midnight Munchies served a select clientele and knew their market, they were not exploitive and did not seek world dominance. But that was then, this is now. This new promotion, reeks of pharmacuetical company involvement, indeed I feel strongly that both cholesterol and weight-control manufacturers are involved.

What the hell am I talking about?

What evil conjunction of krass kommericalism has me in this loquacious lather?

I leave you with this, without comment; if only to say: is this not the evil axis that precedes Armegeddon...




No comments: