Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WSOP 2009: The Poker Mind In Depth: Intro

[Content Disclosure: In Depth Series: Poker & Psychology]

I have been promising an announcement about my special coverage series for the 2009 World Series of Poker, today is the day. I am calling the series: The Poker Mind in Depth. This will be a WSOP long exploration by the Poker Shrink of how the very top professionals deal with the demands of the six weeks of the World Series of Poker. I have wanted to do something along these lines for several years now but other writing commitments have taken my time during past World Series. Also there was the matter of gaining the trust of really top tier players to participate in a completely open and honest exchange of ideas on the issues surrounding these most important fifty-seven bracelet events.

I am happy to say that my first three choices to participate in these interviews have agreed, I am still negotiating with a fourth player. But already on board for what I hope will be a truly unique series of articles are: Daniel Negreanu, Mike Matusow and Phil Hellmuth. 

I have already had a long preliminary interview with each of these three poker superstars and to a man they were open about the issues they will be facing over the summer. From just these first sessions, I can promise some surprises and off the cuff insights. I will be speaking with each player on, at least, a weekly basis and more often should some incident or final table arise.

Stay tune for what I believe will be a completely different view on the World Series of Poker from some of the best players in the world.

No comments: