Monday, January 31, 2011

M&M Monday - OCD


One of the comment traits of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is the need to have items in straight rows or consistent groupings. I clearly am not OCD because when I offered this picture as a joking example to two of my moderately OCD friends, I received the following responses:

"The yellow are too high and completely out of square, have you considering using a straight edge to get them right?"

"When you enlarge the photo you can clearly see that there has been no effort to align the embossed M's on the individual candies."

Also I can now attest that cats are seldom OCD or at least Midnight is not because just after I took the picture above his paw snaked up from the dining room chair to this result.


"Before there was Prozac, we had purring cats."
--
M&M Art by me and Midnight

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know which side of the fence I fall on. My preference is for a pyramid arrangement - given that you typically end up with more of some colors than others (in a small sample size). I fill my rows with only a single color, and if I have more of that color I make use of it in another row.
Not sure where I've been - when did white, pink and rose come in? and where's brown?

matty

The Shrink said...

white, pink and rose are valentine M&Ms but there are many more colors out there for other holidays even the christmas green and red are of a different hue than the everyday colors

Anonymous said...

The patterns are one thing (and I'm loving yours); the color quite another. I'll admit that I can't quite bring myself to eat the blue ones. They just seem somehow 'wrong' to me; not acceptable as food. So what mental (dis)order does that indicate? :-p

The Shrink said...

One possible answer:

Blue is the male principle, stern and spiritual. Yellow the female principle, gentle, cheerful and sensual. Red is matter, brutal and heavy and always the colour which must be fought and vanquished by the other two.
Franz Marc