Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Occupy is Here to Stay

“Elections are something that Occupy needs to continue to avoid, the Obama-Romney debate is not a discussion of the concerns of the American people." Kevin Zeese

About the utter futility of the American election, I couldn't agree more Mr. Zeese and I know how that infuriates my liberal friends. Those same friends who justify every election by pointing out the reactionary evil of the "other" choice: Romney, McCain, Bush, Dole, Bush, Reagan, Ford, Nixon and on and on. I have been arguing for nearly forty years that the two party system is the death knell of authentic reform. Well finally there is an alternative.

For my few loyal conservative readers: Obama, Kerry, Gore, Clinton, Dukakis, Mondale, Carter. It really does work both ways.

I want to recommend a truly inspired article by Chris Hedges Occupy Will Be Back. He not only makes the historical point about the power elite's attempts to suppress true reform movements but he also speaks to the "Enforcement Structure" - the real roadblock to the country you have yearned for in your progressive dreams. 

I will say it again - we must abandon the system that shackles justice, integrity and freedom. The democrat (republican) party is not the answer. Occupy Is!

No comments: